CONSENT TO ACCESS PERSONAL DATA
How do you get my consent?
When interacting with our website you give us consent to view your IP address & data identifying your web browser and version.
When you provide us with personal information to join our email list also known as our newsletter, submit an inquiry through our contact form, complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at [email protected]
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from people under the age of majority.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT & WHY
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
When you fill out a contact form we’ll ask you to provide your name & email address in order for us to respond to your inquiry or complaint.
When you optionally fill out our newsletter form we’ll ask you to provide your name and/or your email address so we can send you store promotions & news.
Elevating collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our website. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our website such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via the website through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our website within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible such as keeping track of the products in your cart as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our website’s functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our website. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Your browser can help you manage cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our website efficient and some of our services will not function properly. There are also general resources for opting out of interest-based advertising available on the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
Elevating Inc. shares your data with:
- Elevating for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above.
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Elevating’s behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features.
- Other third parties to the extent necessary to: (i) comply with a government request, a court order or applicable law; (ii) prevent violations against our Terms & Conditions and our policies; (iii) defend ourselves against third-party claims; and (iv) assist in fraud prevention or investigation (e.g., counterfeiting).
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent.
- We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
WHERE & HOW LONG IS PERSONAL DATA STORED
We use various third-party cloud storage & content delivery networks to store backups and audit/activity logs where personal information is collected.
This website creates and stores an activity log that captures the IP address, username, email address and tracks user activity (like when a user leaves a review). Information will be stored locally for 30 days and remotely for 1 year. Information on remote logs cannot be cleared for security purposes.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, for as long as your account is active, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders & to manage previous orders. If you wish to disable your account you may contact us at the email listed at the bottom of this policy.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Google Web Fonts:
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at [email protected]